Monday, September 27, 2010



   Have you ever held or been held by double standards? I recently decided to go out and have a girl's night with my friends. My husband was going to meet us later, which was fine. 
   I had talked to him previously and made sure he didn't care if I did so, and he agreed that it was fine. He goes out with his friends for guy's night just as much as I hang out with my friends. I used to get upset because he wanted to go out, but when it was my turn it would cause a fiasco, so in turn I would throw a fit when he hung out with his friends. We recently decided this had to change, if he was going to hang out with his friends, I would hang out with mine. (normal, all fine and dandy...or so I thought)
   So he hung out with his buddies on Thursday night. He knew I would be hanging out with my girl friends on Friday night. After he gets off work, he comes over and hangs out with us...and I figured that he would be fine. He would act okay, be accepting, and actually talk. I must have expected to much, because instead his attitude was not inviting, it was that of a father figure. 
   I do not think that it is anyone's right to tell me what to do, who I should and shouldn't talk to, especially when I do not return the parenting style. Did I used to? Yes, but that has changed, and he has seen it change. All I expect is the same respect I show him. Is there anything wrong with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment